Do you ever think about the way you start your day and how it affects you?
Your morning "wake up" routine can affect your energy and mood for the rest of the day.
Mornings can be challenging. But the good news is, that we are in control of what these mornings look like and can make them a bit easier.
Some time ago I noticed that I had got into the habit of waking up and almost immediately sitting at the computer, or looking at my phone to check my emails etc.
I found that it seemed to drain my energy.
Email sometimes made me feel stressed and Facebook "ate" time, and made me feel disconnected. Not really a great way to start the day.
Do you find the same thing happening to you?
How do you start your day? Do you feel you need a change in your morning routine?
Here are some ideas to try:
- Lie, or sit quietly for a few minutes and think about what you feel grateful for
- Leave time to eat - and digest- a nutritious breakfast that involves protein
- Go for a short stroll, or walk to work
- Read a book
- Try some deep breathing by an open window
- Listen to uplifting or gentle music, avoid the news!
- Do Pilates! Just 5 or 10 minutes will make you feel more alive
Keep your mat, bands, cushions etc ready in one place, so you don't have to scramble around looking for it.
Or just do some simple standing exercises e.g. Roll Downs, Side Stretches to get you moving and wake up the spine.
If you would like some more ideas contact me :)
Try some small changes this week.
Please comment below. What does and doesn't work for you? What's your favourite way to begin the day?